Welcome to the MaffBags website!
If you would like more information about how we collect, use and store your personal data, you can contact us at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
MaffBags (referred to here as "we", "our", "us") is part of MaffBags Group. If we use the term "our Group", this means us and our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries (or any of them). The term "our online services" refers to MaffBags, our mobile and tablet applications, our pages on third party social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+ and any other website or apps we own or run from time to time. If you use any of our services, we will refer to you using the terms "user", "visitor", "you", "your", "yours" on this policy.
What personal data do we collect?
We collect and process only the data that is required to allow us to provide our services to you. We collect the following data when you browse or shop at www.maffbags.com.
- We process the personal data required to complete and despatch your purchase, including your name, billing address, delivery address, payment details, mobile number, telephone number and email address. We collect your email address in order to sent you confirmation of your order, we collect your telephone number so that we can contact you if there are any issues with the order.
- We collect your email address when you sign up to receive Maff News.
- If you register for a MaffBags account, we collect your name, email address, password, country and additional information regarding your marketing preferences.
- When you contact our Customer Care / Concierge team, we may collect additional data to help us resolve any queries relating to your order, delivery, payments, marketing, the website or any other queries.
- We collect and process data about your browsing on www.maffbags.com, including the pages you visit and how you interact with these pages. If you have registered for an account, we collect browsing data about your access to the dedicated areas of the website.
- If you are a customer of www.maffbags.com, or if you have given us your consent, we collect and process your personal data for direct marketing activities.
- If you provide us with someone else's data - for example, if you purchase a product to be delivered to a friend or as a gift - we will collect and process the personal data required to complete the transaction such as the name, delivery address and other contact details for your friend.
- When you use the App version of our website, we will ask for your consent to collect personal data from you in order to send you brief messages, "push notifications" about products and services that we believe may be of interest to you. With your consent, we will also collect data regarding your use of the App and your IP address, in order to improve our service to you. You can disable push notification at any time by updating the App settings in your mobile device.
How do we use the personal data?
We collect and process your data for the following purposes:
- When your purchase a product from www.maffbags.com we ask you for the personal data necessary to allow us to fulfil our contract with you including taking payment, any related anti-fraud checks if you choose to pay by credit/debit card, billing, shipping and delivery of the product and possible handling of the return.
- When you visit www.maffbags.com, we will collect the minimum personal data necessary to allow us to provide you with the services of the website, such as placing and holding items in your shopping bags.
- When you visit www.maffbags.com, we will use some data about your use of the website to help us improve the website and our promotion of the website. This will include data about how you came to the website; the date and time of your visit; products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction data (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- When you on www.maffbags.com, we will collect the data necessary to ensure that we can recognise you on return visits and provide you with the services registration offers, such as creating a Wish List. If you would prefer not to continue receiving these emails, you can unsubscribe at any time using the link on the bottom of the email, or by contacting our Customer Care team.
- If you have purchased from www.maffbags.com, we will use the personal data we hold about you, including your purchase history, to contact you regarding products and services that may be of interest to you.
- We analyze contact data, purchase history, web browsing data and lifestyle data to tailor our marketing communications, web site presentation and internet advertising to meet your preferences.
- When you contact our Customer Care team, we will use the personal data you provide and that we have collected to respond to your requests for help or information.
- When you use the App version of our website, we will collect data regarding your use of the App and your IP address, in order to send you push notifications about products and services that we believe may be of interest to you.
Legal basis for processing your data
Under the Law we must have a valid reason for using your personal data and we may not collect, store or use data about you that is not compatible with that reason. There are four valid reasons for our use of your personal data:
The legal basis for each of the ways in which we use your personal data is as follows:
- Most of the data we collect from you is necessary to allow us to fulfil our contract with you or to enter into a contract with you e.g. you provide a billing address and email address when your purchase an item from www.maffbags.com so that we can process your payment and send you your order confirmation.
- In certain circumstances we will ask for your permission or consent to use your personal data e.g. if we would like to send you marketing information about items we believe may be of interest to you via email. If you have given your consent to our use of your personal data, you are entitled to withdraw this consent at any time.
- We may also have a legitimate interest in using your personal data e.g. to ensure that the content of our website is presented to you and your device as effectively as possible, or to ensure that our marketing communications are relevant to your interests. If this is our reason for using your data, we must make sure that our interests do not override yours and you are entitled to object to this use of your data.
- Lastly, we may be required to use your data to meet a legal obligation or to protect your interests e.g. we may exchange data with other specialist organisations for the purposes of fraud detection and credit risk reduction and we will retain financial data long term to meet our statutory obligations.
Who will process you data?
Your personal data will be processed by the internal staff of MaffBags Group who have been specifically trained and authorised for this processing. In carrying out the processing, the data may also be passed to other companies within the MaffBags Group.
Your personal data will also be transmitted to third parties that we use to provide our services; these parties have been rigorously assessed and offer a guarantee of compliance with the legislation on the processing of personal data. These parties have been designated as data processors and carry out their activities according to the instructions given by MaffBags and MaffBags Group.
The third parties in question belong to the following categories: banking operators, internet providers, companies specialising in IT and telematics services; couriers; companies that carry out marketing activities, including social media organisations; companies specialising in market research and data processing; companies offering contact centre services; companies providing publishing and distribution services.
Data transfer outside of the European Union
Some of the third parties listed in the previous paragraph 'Who will process your data?' may be located in countries outside the European Union that nevertheless offer an adequate level of data protection, as established by specific decisions of the European Commission (https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/adequacy-protection-personal-data-non-eu-countries_en)
The transfer of your personal data to countries that do not belong to the European Union and that have not been assessed as offering adequate levels of protection will be performed only:
- after the completion between our company and said parties of specific agreements containing safeguard clauses and appropriate guarantees for the protection of your personal data (known as "standard contractual clauses" and approved by the European Commission), or
- if the transfer is necessary for the completion and execution of a contract between you and our company (for the purchase of goods offered on our website, for registration on the website or use of services on the website), or
III. for the management of your requests.
How long do we keep your data and what about your rights?
We keep your personal data for a limited period of time in line with our data retention policy. The specific retention period will vary according to the reason for processing your personal data. After this period, your data will be permanently erased or otherwise irreversibly rendered anonymous.
Users may, at any time, exercise the rights to obtain confirmation of the existence or not of their personal data and to ascertain their content and origin, check accuracy or ask for the data to be integrated, updated or corrected. Under the same Privacy Code, Users may also request that their data be deleted, converted into an anonymous form or blocked from any data processing in violation of the law, as well as refuse processing, in any case, for legitimate reasons. Requests should be sent to the IT Department, MaffBags at the following email: email@example.com.
The request for the above information can be resubmitted every 90 days, except in cases where there is good cause: cancellation or modification of data in case of violation of the law; cancellation of data that are not used for the aims for which they were collected.
You have the right to request a copy of the data that we hold about you (and we will provide this to you free of charge once we have confirmed your identity).
If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal data, please email or write to us using the contact details in this policy.